Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Top 10 Favorite Songs of ALL TIME

This was a note that my nigga put up on facebook.. and i had to post mine..
but i have to always tell stories behind my choices.. its always some type of memory or something connected.. I dont have more favorites but these came to my head the quickest..

If you know me know me.. you will know prolly 3 off the bat..

here it goes..

1. Notorious BIG - One More Chance
I mean damn.. this song is the shit.. its classic, raw, funny and witty.. its some real nigga shit.. go a good ass beat.. you can hear this any night, at any bar, and you will see everyone start groovin... ((did i just say "groovin"?.. im soo old now))

2. Jay Z - Song Cry
This song is the ultimate shit.. whenever this is played.. all of the guys know it word for word.. every dude can relate.. every female can relate to treating a guy good and them dogging them and then becoming the "bad gurl" and i had a situation that was like verse 3.. in my player days, i was messing with this chick.. and i had other gurls on the side.. but they were gurls she didnt know.. but she turned around and started messing with a dude that i grew up.. "You dont get a nigga back like that".. the sample and the verses are pure poetry..

3 Alexander O'Neal - If you Were Here Tonight
This is one of my all time favorite slow jams.. yes.. i said "jams" with my old ass.. this shit si so smooth..ive already analyzed it in a previous blog.. go read..

4. Art of Noise - Moment of Love
This beat is crazy.. flat out.. whenever someone samples it, its usually a hit (ie Lloyd - One for Me). I used to her this on the Quiet Fire on U92 and be AMPED.. do u hear me?? this is everyones song..

5. Mista - Black Berry Mollasses
Classic song that just brings me back to my carefree early teen years.. when me and my cousin used to just be outside all day.. finding whatever to get into.. this was one of those FLY CITY songs.. this was my SHITTTTT

Check out Bobby V with the old Rodmans on that u had to tie up from the sides..

6. Brandy - Broken Hearted
I had Brandy's first TAPE.. not cd.. tape nigga.. and this song was on repeat.. I loved brandy.. I had a stupid crush on her "Deer-eyed" lookin ass.. and this song got me everytime.. i used to lay on the ground in my room on my stomach and just play this over and over.. and sing..

7. Prince - Lets Go Crazy
This was a strong toss up between this song and Purple Rain.. both are GREAT.. but this one will get me CRUNKKK.. so i had to choose this.. I love this because of its spiritual double meaning.. if you didnt know.. "de-elevator" is the devil and the "Top Floor" is Heaven.. he speaks on how u can like the devil bring you down in your search for your higher level.. i love it.. here a video of him performing this at the famous 1st avenue



8. The Deele - 2 Occasions

Man.. this song is the biggest game u could lay on someone.. this is such a nice song.. great beat and the voices are the shit on here too.. i had to post this video to show u how throwback these niggas were.. LA Reid was so serious on those drum.. Babyface had so much swag.. them other two dudes.. no words for them.. except for, does dude have a broach on?


9. Kanye & Nas - We Major
The beat.. the collab.. the lyrics, and the timing.. were perfect

10. Jason Weaver - Love Ambition
My ULTIMATE shit.. my nigga was singing.. and what did he know about "Up and Down, Baby" at that age.. i wasnt allowed to sing that when it came out.. this still my shit.. if you have my mixes.. you would know..

No comments: