Monday, May 26, 2008

The Good Days (Quiet Fire) - Track Comments..

This is the more personal side of me right here..
when i actually sit and tell you the motivations and reasons behind some of the songs i put on mixtapes...
This particular mixtape does have a main subject that I picked most of these songs for.. and usually when theres someone in mind.. it bring out some of my best work in my opinion...
This mixtape I dont plan on giving out to too many people b/c I dont think yall gonna feel it as much as I do..
I want people to hear it that will really appreciate it.. people that will hear these songs and think back.. remember when they were younger.. people that will remember their earlier loves.. people that remember singing these songs with their siblings or bestfriends.. someone who used to lock their doors and lay on the floor and listen to these songs when they came out on TAPE and played them over and over again....
I kno I aint the only one.. well if you feel me on that.. you might deserve the CD.. I dont even think this CD is for people below the age of 21... they might not be able to fully relate to all of these songs...

So the person that helped with this is someone who has been in my life before the DJ DURL days.. before the Deveroes days.. back when I was a nigga with braids who kept mixes in my pocket for whoever wanted to listen.. this person has always meant the world to me and never really knew.. Somethings you just keep to yourself.. Me and her for a good week would be on the phn for hours thinking back on old songs.. SINGING at all hours of the night our favorite parts.. rememebering how the videos were when we seen them on VIDEO SOUL.. She is my favorite person.. I love her to death and I tell her all the time that she is the prototype of a good woman/wife.. I feel lcky to have someone so close to me that cares and loves me almost half the amount as I do them.. We not in a relationship like that.. per say.. but i kno that no one will take away my friendship and love for this woman.. she is my right hand.. my right wing... my bestfriend.. my backbone.. my family... she has been there thru all of my ups and downs with all of these crazy ass females and i've been there for her with all the crazy ass niggas.. and thru all of it.. we still here.. we had our lil time apart that i think about everyday that i wish i couldve had back.. but we wont let that happen again.. People never get the flowers while they can still smell them as Kanye said.. which means.. people dont usually get to know how much they mean to you while they are still around.. so im giving her this dedication.. Its personal.. but this is the only way i could let it out... Love U
ok.. the music

1 Michel'le - Something In My Heart
This song is my shit.. this was on one of my early slow jams mixes that i cant find.. this song is such a quiet fire song.. my Dayton people feel me bc we all listened to U92 before we when to sleep.. This song was a personal choice for the cd..

2 Immature - Please Dont Go
Anything that uses RnB from the 90s.. gots to have an Immature track.. that nigga Roger (Batman) got down early on the vocals.. dont be on the phn or around me when this is on.. cuz a nigga will be singing it.. I think this was the video when he and his girlfriend we together and then she felt sick while they we washing a car or something and then she was in the hospital or something.. and died.. sad like the Aaron Hall video. Throwback moment for u..

3 Keith Sweat - How Deep Is Your Love
I just remember hearing this on U92 at nights.. and that damn bass line was crazy.. wooomp woomp woooomp womp.. had to throw this on there...

4 Brandy - BrokenHearted
This version was my favorite.. but she liked the one with Wanya... Brandy was my chick early in the day... that whole first album was my shit.. i played that tape all the time.. i would (no homo) sing this in my falsetto in the house and piss my mom off..

5 Mint Condition - You Send ME Swingin'
This song is totally off my personal subject for the mixtape.. this song is my friend Donna favorite song.. she has great taste in music.. and this was my nod to her.. hopin that one day she gets this mixtape and even if she doesnt like the other songs.. she will at least like one..

6 SWV - Use Your Heart
I had to mellow it out with some SWV... she said "[Name she calls me], you need some SWV on this mix.." we debated.. all of the songs i could think of were all upbeat.. so i shuffled thru some of their song titles.. and found this one.. i love this song.. so i listened to the words to see if they could apply.. and they do.. the song speaks of two people who are tryin to find that real thing.. two people seeking.. using their eyes... not their hearts.. the 2nd verse has meaning to it to me..

7 Janet Jackson - Come Back To Me
This was one of my favorite songs back in the day that i forgot about to Plies brought it back with the Bust It Baby part 2.. I love this song.. its sooo pretty.. she sounds good on this..

8 Janet Jackson - Making Love In The Rain
Ok.. this is where it gets really deep and personal.. making love is something that i never say that i do.. that will happen i guess when i fall in love.. but when me and her first kissed.. it was a rainy night.. and this song was in my head the whole time.. the connection was crazy.. at least for me.. it almost scared me.. you kno.. im Mr. No Emotions.. and now im kissing someone and hearing love songs in the background?? thats crazy.. I felt that when i ever make "love" that the kisses involved would feel like those that night.. deep right?

9 SOS BAND - Tell Me If You Still Care
This song is soo quiet fire.. i love the beat.. but i used this because i love the song of the transition from the song before to this one.. and i used it so i could mix the next song...

10 Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby Remix
Same beat as track 9.. this song takes me back to 8th grade.. loved this song.. everyone sings to this when they hear this..

11 The Deele - Two Occasions
Little things mean a lot to me.. one time when we were on the phone.. she said this to me before we went to sleep and got off the phone.. i replied by saying.. quit playing.. she said.. Im laughing while i say it, but i mean it.. To have someone tell me what i would say to them makes me smile..

12 Brandy - I Wanna Be Down
This is another classic Brandy track.. we were on the phone thinkin back on this song and the dances that it makes u do when u hear it.. Its a song that anyone could relate to when they like someone.. so maybe this will have you thinkin about someone you would like to be down with..
"if all you need is time.. that i got plenty of"

13 Total - Kissing You Remix
Once again she was like "[Name she calls me], you aint got no Total on none of you Good Days Cds.." I was tryna wait on them for the Bad Boy RnB Mixtape.. but i thought i would drop this banging ass, summer feeling, love song.. when u hear this you just think of someone with you.. just yall two layin together.. looking at each other.. waitin on them to make that move for the kiss.. and when they finally do it.. u just feel your shoulders being untense.. you didnt even kno they was tense.. but it feel like you just exhaled or something.. and you just look at them in their eyes and bite you lip or smirk or something... or at least thats what i do.. haaa

14 - Faith Evans - Won't You Come Over
I had this song cued up to actually be on another mixtape.. The Originals pt 4 to be mixed with my nigga Flams song, Text Message.. But this song is sexy.. i thought that after to "Kissin U" there has to be something to build up on.. so i had to drop this on.. and speakin of drops.. you gotta pay attention to where I drop my name through out this song and the mixtape.. i drop my name so that when u are singing the song.. when the drop comes.. the ladies can just say my name right with it like they are singing to me..

15 Tevin Campbell - Always In My Heart
This song is kind of a dedication.. not the 1st verse.. more like the chorus.. "if i never ever tell you that i love.. just remember gurl Im sayin I do.. love u.." When I care about my people.. i really do care.. I love those who love me.. i might not say it much.. but i do feel that way.. Tevin says the words for me.. and sings them soooo well.. 2nd verse and the chorus is all me.

This is like the hardest thing for me to show the sensitive part of my mind.. and heart.. but i usually feel better after i express it.. even if the feelings dont turn into a relationship or whateva, im just proud of my heartless self of having feelings and allowing myself to open..
Background Story:
So many times before in my life gurls would be like.. "if you told me you liked me.. we couldve kicked it" so i prolly have missed out on a few people just by not showin emotions or letting no one in.. B/c the ones i do show emotions to and let in.. they usually fuck things up.. or just leave a nigga hanging.. so I've learned to be able to express my feelings to someone but not expect them to feel the same.. the ones i usually care about and love have their own situations or reasons why we arent to together.. I so used to dissappointment in women that it doesnt bother me as much as it used to.. i just want to show everyone that i do have feeling for that I care for them.. and always remember that u have a piece of my heart.. what they chose to do with it is on them.. i already kno ima be ok.. when im finally with the one GOD has made for me.. i hope they will have it in their hearts to be happy for the one they let go..

Wow... didnt expect to say this much.. shows that ive had a lot on my mind.

1 comment:

DonnaMarie said...

Awww...that was from Darrell...not Dj Durl, lol...you have to give me this mix...and take more chances when it comes to chicks:)