Friday, May 9, 2008

Takes Me Back

Me being the music man that i am, theres always always always music playin all the time during my life. So while i was here thinkin of someone.. a song popped in my head... so i go to my windows media players and type in "Bobby V" and it brings up his "Special Occasion" cd.. If we spoke on the phn during this past summer (summer of 07) or if u dropped by the apt in barringtons.. u heard bobby valentino cd on repeat heavily.. So i click on track 6 (If I Had My Way) and its like i had a gotdamn quantum leap and i was layin on my bed in 560 Q staring at the brick walls.. just in a daze.. This song was one that had deep meaning with me and one of my bestfriends.. she was goin thru her sitaution with another dude was messing her heart and mind up.. and it used to hurt me.. i used to tell her.. "If i had my way.. i would make things all better."

We used to go out to eat and track 6 and 7 (How Bout It)were always on repeat.. she always said these were our songs.. It so crazy how i play these songs today.. may 9th and it feel like its June 20th or something.. Its such a crazy thing how a song can take u so far out of where u actually are to a mental trip to where u were when u first heard the song.. or how u were feeling when u first heard the song.. or who u were sing the song to when u would sing it.. cuz i kno everytime i sang track 7 i was singing to her.. Today it got to a point where i stopped typin this bc i just wasnt mentally here right now.. i was in the car, taking the back way to Olive Garden and just lost in the moment with my bestfriend... shits crazy...

Summer of 07 was full of songs that will take me out of my present mind state.. "Crank Dat Soulja Boy", "Umbrella", "Wipe Me Down" and "Nigga Wit Money" to name a few... But another one that aint never leaving my thoughts is "Shawty" by Plies.. Whoooaaa.. this was "our" shit right their.. me and my summer love still think of each other when that comes on.. that song was us word for word... its so funny how music is soo controlling over thougths and emotions.. If your reading this.. you are def close to me.. so tell me what is a song that u can relate to us.. whats our song? what song would u play for me? what song would u want me to play for u?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alexander O'Neal...."If You Were Here Tonight"....will ALWAYS remind me of you!!! Hmmm...