Thursday, May 22, 2008

***USHER - HERE I STAND*** DJ DURL Review
Whats good.. so the Usher just leaked.. so of course.. i had put my 2 cents in right??Well i been anticapating this one just like all of us RnB fans.. so i hope it doesnt dissappoint..
1- Intro
The intro is pretty hot.. Sound like her at church or something.. would be something to dedicate to a chick.. im feelin it... i just dont understadn why it was cut off..
2 - Love in the Club
We all kno how this jumps in the club.. we look forward to hearing this..
3- This Aint SexWeird
title.. made me worder how he was gonna go at this.. while listening to it.. i just kinda have straight face.. this song doesnt just catch me at the 1st listen... not a fan..
4- Trading Places
Beat comes in stupid hard.. this the kinda Usher song i been waiting for.. the grown shit.. that u wanna hear in the club and whisper it to the chick.. The chorus makes me smile.. its funny.. he got this off.. he speakin switchin roles with the chick.. from makin the breakfast.. to being on top.. to her tellin him to shut up bc "he" goin wake the neighbors.. shits kinda hot tho.. kinda reminds me on "Do it To Me"
5- Moving Mountains
If you got any of my recent rnb cds.. u have heard this early.. this song is my SHIIITTTTT... this on some "u got it bad" shit.. he speaking on the bad parts of the relationship when yall dont even speak.. dont even talk.. just argue.. but on the inside he struggling on tryna make it work.. but its too late.. what has been done has already been done... i think the dream wrote this.. at least it seems like it.. on the early version it sound like him on the bridge..This is ushers newest single.. the video is already on MYSPACE... search for it.. its really good..
6- Whats Your Name? ft Will I Am
Im def not a Will i Am fan.. the beat kinda makes me wanna skip the song.. it sounds like a Justin Timberlake sound.. 1st listen didnt make me wanna hear it again.. Will I Am.. isnt too bad on the song.. ::skips to the next song::
7- Prayer For You (Interlude)
This is a song for his baby... i cant relate.. but he sounds nice tho..
8-Something Special
At this point.. im like Cmon Usher.. impress me.. we been waitin since 04 for some hot shit... this song is kinda acoustic or unplugged.. i mean.. i see his aim for it.. but im just not impressed..
9- Love You Gently
Song comes on kinda rushed.. but it slows down shortly.. then it gets good.. another one of them slow jams thats gonna be on the mixtapes..
10- Best Thing ft JAY Z
I feel this.. i plan to be like this song one day.. jay speaks on the growth of a player.. scared of commitment and havin anyone close.. and how shes the best thing and he has grown to see that.. Glad Jay got 2 verses.. he spits truth.. makes me wanna find "The Best Thing"
11- Before I Met You
You can tell this nigga in love and got him a chick he cant live without.. he speaks on how he was a hustler and a player.. before he met you.. but you changed the game.. thats all it takes is one good one to put stuff in perspective..
12 - His Mistakes
Also on my mixtape 100% Usher.. he shows off his vocal range on this one.. i really repect that.. the store is the story of my life.. bein punish for another mans mistakes.. and its usually the babydaddy in my case.. love this song tho
13 - Appetite
this story is story of a commited man.. who still has a very big appetite for the women.. so he goes on the internet.. he finds a chick at the airport.. all types of stuff.. he on some Eric Benet sex addict shit with this one.. this nigga started rappin at the end.. Usher.. miss me with that tho..
14- Whats a Man To Do?
This song is about having two chicks.. loves both.. and is torn.. been there before.. damn near there now.. i feel this.. 15 - Lifetime
Its an ok song.. not too much to say about this one..
16 - Love in the Club pt 2
Pretty good songs too.. love this song.. beyonce and wayne do this song justice..
17- Here I Stand
This sounds like a Quiet Fire song.. i like the feel of it.. i would prolly catch myself singing it... its pretty nice2 mins after this song is over.. theres a bonus song.. i think its called "Will Work For Love"... nigga please..

I give the cd a strong 7 out of 10 on the 1st listen.. first listen is always the hardest for me.. so thats not tooo bad.. Usher just got high expectations.. confessions was that shit.... hope u enjoyed my review.. so go get the cd and read my review and see if u feel meDJDURL

1 comment:

DonnaMarie said...

Usher is my boyfriend (getting that on a shirt) I can't wait to hear it...I'm slippin...or...you could email it to me:)