Monday, February 8, 2010

7 Days Doesn't Make 1 Weak

A lil play on words on that one..

But in my quest for growth, I will be going through a few steps to find a better understanding of few things. In life, I've never wanted to seem to be addicted to anything that I couldn't put down. So rather it be drinking, clubbing, or whatever if I felt that it was controlling me more than I was controlling it, then I would make the decision to stop the action to show that I am (with God's help) stronger than any addiction.

So over these past months.. Ive had to drop my addictions to retail (clothes & shoes) and to the clubs. The first one I've actually had help with bc of the lack of money but I am still fighting it. The clubs are getting easier to stay out of now adays. I don't like being up all night, I don't like being drunk, or worrying about what I have to wear or who might see me. So those two have been kicked.

So now.. my next thing to drop is TWITTER (dun dun dunnnnn). Yeah, we all seemed to be addicted to this social network. Twitter has done a lot of good networking for me and has allowed me to keep in touch with my friends through out the days but it has also been a slight disstraction to a few things that should have priority over Twitter... So I have decided to take a week off and see how many more things I can get accomplished with all this extra time.

With this extra time, I plan to read my Bible more at work, read "Our Daily Bread", google other info that I might need to be productive to make more money, and to just get more things done around the house..

I think the biggest thing for me that Im going to miss about twitter is the instant information, but lately it aint be nothin be useless info and instant nonsense, so I will be ok without seeing everyone being #thirsty4 attention, people bragging on how my purp they smoke or whatever usless things I dont need to know.

SOoo.. in later weeks, I plan on fasting from a few other things that might have too much control over my life, I have to make sure the God doesnt feel as if I place anyone in front of him. When it gets to the point where I check Twitter before I thank God, then thats the issue.

I will be using my blog hopefully more this week so I can keep myself for using any of these social networks.. So we will see how this work..

No comments: