Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Keep It Movin...

Blogging really helps me speak, when I usually wouldnt.. I dont really talk much.. everyone knows that... the only time i really speak is at work... when I have the Deveroes uniform I have to speak, I have to be "on". Most of the time, my thoughts stay inside... so hopefully, blogging will be my outlet for you to get inside my head a lil bit..
For the few of you that actually follow my two blogs.. this blog is more personal.. more me.. even though its title "DJ DURL", its mostly Darrell talking.. This DJDURL person only comes out on cds and mixtapes.. theres no DJDURL persona.
So this is called "keep it movin" bc I've been notified by my employer, for the 2nd year in a row, that they want me to relocate to another city. This time its Indianapolis. Yeah, outside of Ohio... Brand new to me.. New land, new area code, new fashion, new sports teams, new capitol and new capital.. however way you wanna see it.
Personally, I don't want to do it. Nope, not at all.. I'm cool. I made it outta Dayton, which was my goal. I did that. My parents didnt even do that. I make more than my dad... thats not good.. but its the truth.. Im in control over a mutlimillion dollar store and Im running it like a pro in my rookie season.. I should be the Rookie Of the Year.. esp now that my nigga Aaron quit... cuz he def had that on lock.. but I feel like im the man now.. I feel as if Im the "go-to-guy", but some might think that Im the "Get-shitted-on-guy" bc Im the one they call on when stores arent doing too good.. Im the one who has to recover it.. Well, shit.. I gets it done though.
Deveroes up here was losing heavily when I got here.. I brought energy, youth, life and sense of humor to the store and the city. I brought shoe and clothing knowledge to my workers.. I brought a whole new vocab to the city.. niggas in Columbus know what BURGERs are b/c of me.. I did that.. I like this city.. I would LOVE this city if I loved the people.. I dont love them yet.. I love a few.. but collectively.. no.. The city is nice, its always moving.. and theres things to do and places to go.. something Im not used to from my city. I have made a few bonds and a few friends that Im going to miss up here.. ((Ima miss you Roniquia :(... )) but thinking forward in life.. I might need to make this move.

As a youngin.. I always wanted to get a job where I traveled.. welll.. here it is.. in a sense.. I always wanted to get outta Dayton... did that.. I got my music playin in 15 stores.. 5 cities and 3 states.. thats a lot.. but I could be doing more.. I could be touching more people.. i could be affecting more peoples lives.. I have tried to find reasons why im getting chose.. I think its because Im single and childless.. but I could reverse this and say that this could be the reason why God has kept me single and childless for so long.. So I can keep it moving with no strings attached.. not saying that I dont have any strings bc I do.. I love my bestfriends.. my God daughter.. my Deveroes people who I will be further from.. and just my piece of mind and havin stability...

Like I said before.. I dont talk much.. so youre saying that once again, I have to show a whole new city who I am, where I came from and what I stand for... so once again.. I got to make new friends.. and I promise it take you to be with someone for 4 whole seasons to see if they are really your friend.. you need to know how people act when the weather change.. so I gotta go another whole year without having any friends close to me... I dont trust people.. so Im dreading how my winter is going to be... I have made a few good connections here that I wanted to build on and see how things ended.. but also.. on the other hand.. Im still single.. I havent found no ones worth quitting my job over and signing a 2 yrs lease for or anything close to that... so why not?
truthfully.. Im scared.. Im nervous.. and i just want to know that everything will be alright..
Gods Got Me though..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man... i have soooo many things to say its crazy. i mean you told me you were moving but in the back of my mind i didnt beleive it. maybe because i didnt want to, who knows, but reading your blog really made reality set in that your on your way out of this city. we have only been friends for a little over a year but you have impacted my life in a major way.you have shown me alot of things and taught me even more. you taught the real meaning of friendship because i know i can call on you for absolutely anything(like when i was driving home in that horrible snow storm last winter.) and that means the world to me because for a long time i always felt like i was alone in the world. i mean on the exterior i have friends, but i always felt like no one actually understood the real me,(under the fly clothes, long hair & acrylic nails) until our friendship blossomed.you never tested your limits with me, you were always far enough to be right there(if that made any sense). sitting here thinking about my friend leaving actually brought me to tears, i have a million thoughts runnin through my head about who will i turn to for the BEST advce on whats troubling me at the time. who will keep it REAL with me without hurting my feelgoods. but i kno that true friendships never dies so even though devies is movin you to indy(a decision which i am completely 100% against) i kno that our friendship will not fade away. you will still be there for me, like i am for you!. i kno even though you dont want to make this move it will take you to the next level in your career which is ultimately where you want to be. so i wish you the best,you have made a lasting impression on my heart.

<3 niquia

p.s. who knows maybe you will meet the future ms.djdurl in indy and you can have little durl jr's..lol

MzInspiredMind81 said...

Darrell,

Everything is going to be more than aight. God has blessed you with so many gifts! Your a wonderful person who deserves NOTHING less than the best. That's in every aspect of your life. Your going to give Nap a fresh look at things. Even though we don't speak as often as we could/should(totally my fault)your always in my head and heart.

~~Samantha