Monday, August 18, 2008

My Trip To the Clinic...

First of all.. I encourage EVERYONE to get test a few times a year.. just to be safe and to take care fo yourself and others...

So I'm at the clinic getting tested as everyone should, and like always, I'm observing everything and watching everyone. When I first walk in, I see bowed heads, sad faces and weird looks. Sucks to be them. So I go fill out a few papers and then take my seat. Get my number called, answer a few questions and then go to the room. When I get to the room I remember how much I hate needles. DAMN So I see all the utensils and a niggas stomach starts to rumble. Maybe I shouldda ate before I came.

So Im sitting, reading all the paperwork on the walls and listening to doctors and nurses conversations outside in the hallway. I overhear a nurse telling a story of how they told a lady she wasnt pregnant when she actually was. Her excuse was that the pink lines on the test were too faint and made it inconclusive. Thats fucked up..

So Im chillin, makin sure I dont look all sad or nervous cuz niggas will think I got something off rip if I look sad and shit.. and im cool.. So Im thinking, I wonder what my doctor is gonna look like. Ima a lil shy around pretty strangers sometime, so Im hopin for a fat, white woman. My reason for that is if its a fat black woman, it might remind me of someone I went to church with or something and I aint tryna feel bad. That would be a lil embarrasing tellin a church lady about my sexual experiences.

So the door opens. A fat, german lady walks in. ::wipes forehead internally:: YES! Im cool. She ask me all the questions and I answer with no problem. Then she bring out the needles and the cups.. Nerves start instantly jumping. I pull my arm out, make a fist and she searches my arm for veins. Ima lil thick i guess so she couldnt find one. She said she was gonna go get someone who was good at finding veins.. I thanked her.

I rolled my sleeve down on my Blacc Label shirt and exhaled. Doc came back with a smile. Then followed her was an older black woman, she came in smiling too.. she looked at me, smiled. Looked at the german doc and smiled. Then they both looked at me and laughed and then these chicks HI-FIVED.. No BULLSHIT.. these two ladies just walked in the room im in and just Hi-Fived in front of me like they just won a championship game. They might as well chest bumped or something..
Im like, "The Fuck? whats the hi-fiving for?"... the new doc was like, " Ohh nothing, Im just glad I finally got some bait".

Huh? Bait you say? What do I look like? Put yourself in my shoes... how would you feel at this time? Would you be cool right now? You never see docs hi-fiving all in front of you.. Im trippin right now..

So I pull my sleeve up and turn my head.. she grabs my arm and says "mmm" like she just got a bowl of campbells soup or something, and then tells me I have good veins.. "Thanks??" I say

She finds a vein, pokes me.. and it was over with in no time.. painless forreal.. No problems.. So I finish with everything and then go sit back in the lobby. Same people from earlier are out there. Some dude that frequenly shops at Deveroes was in there, his people, couple white people and some arab looking lady. The Devies dude is one of them "I talk all day and loud as fuck" ass niggas. He was talkin all loud about if his nurse ever told him that he had AIDS he would punch her and then jump out the window.. niggas.. Btwn this and other ignorant comments, he would just blurt out how he had to go pick up his son and how they were taking too long. Then some girl walks out the door from the back and they all get silent. He stares at her up and down as she walks then she tell his dude, "go give her my number". WHATTTT?!?!

You dont holla at no one at a clinic.. not saying everyone at a clinic is infested.. please believe me.. im just sayint that there is a time and a better place to do that at...

Then after that.. he goes up to the arab lookin chick. She was cute.. but she also is in the clinic.. and when I came in, she was the one with her face in her hand.. not a good sign. He asked her does she have a myspace and could he be her new friend. This nigga is tryna spit his A1 game at this lady.. and im just sittin back.. shaking my head.. While he tryna spit at her.. his babymomma call.. he tell his boy to pick it up and tell her that he in the restroom at the the gas station.. as he proceed to keep holla'n at "the face in my hands, arab lookin" lady.

I couldnt make all of this up..

No comments: